11 MORNING HABITS FOR A FANTASTIC DAY
Oh so your mornings don't look like this? You're not a morning person?
Neither am I. Well I didn't think I was until now (again, please don't tell my mother). I've always been told that the start of your day is the most important, because it sets the mood for the rest of the day.
As part of my self-improvement, I've been getting up a little earlier than I usually would and I've made some habits that have made me a more positive and confident person than I ever have before. I'll share a few of my habits with you!
"You'll never have this day again, so make it count."
- The morning snuggle. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my best friend next to me, and that's how I want every day to start. If I had a pet, I'd cuddle with it too. Body pillows are definitely the best to snuggle with too...just don't fall asleep!
- Check my notifications. The blue light in my phone instantly wakes me up and I love seeing any texts I've gotten from family members on the other side of the globe. Beware of news in the morning...it's nice to be up-to-date with current events, but sometimes they can make the morning a bit sour.
- Stretch it out. Nothing makes you feel older than being stiff in the morning. I'm so lazy that I do my stretching in bed. I do about 5-10 minutes of stretching to get my legs, back, and neck back to their usual selves. Here's a few to get your started, thanks, PopSugar.
- Get out of bed 1.5 hours before I have to leave. It takes me about 45 minutes to get ready since i like to shower at night. I love having a bit of extra time to treat myself in the morning. Rushing makes me grumpy, so I try to avoid it now.
- Drink water! I realize now that I've been so terrible at hydrating my entire life. I have the Behållare water bottle from Ikea, which is lightweight and sturdy (because anyone who knows me, knows I'll break a glass bottle). I try to carry it everywhere i go. It's 600ml, so I try to drink about 4 of these a day along with my cup of tea in the morning and maybe a Coke Zero (I know, I'm working on quitting) if I'm really tired during the day. My skin glows when I follow through on all the water and I feel great.
- Eat breakfast. Everyone says it's the most important meal of the day. Sure, I'll take it. I found that it does take hunger off my mind, which used to always be a distraction. Maybe it'll keep me from noshing on doughnuts or other goodies people bring into the office.
- Look your best. If any of you have watched one of the most famous TedTalks by Amy Cuddy you know that "your body language shapes who you are." I think that also applies to how you feel you look. It should never be for someone else other than yourself. If you feel good, you 100% look good too with all that confidence. #YASQUEEN
- Plan your bomb-ass outfit. I really try to lay out my clothes and jewelry out the night before or at least for the important days (meetings, presentations, interviews, dates...). It's just one less thing on your mind in the morning, and it's kind of like a present from your past-self. At least I like to think so.
- Pump up the jams! Nothing like getting in the mood while getting to wiggle your butt.
- Consult the planner. I like to have a running to-do list of all the things that are running through my mind. Clear the mind and write it down. It feels great to check them off!
- Show off them pearly whites! I do a huge smile after I brush my teeth and try to spread that to everyone (the person who moved on the sidewalk to give me a bit of room, to anyone who says good morning, cafe baristas). It's contagious and it makes dealing with people easier, or so I've found.
Would love to hear about everyone's morning routines! Share them below!
Carolyn | Sydney, Australia
architect + designer + artist + blogger + graphic designer + always hungry
N O T E *
Unless stated otherwise, all images are my original copyrighted material so please be a fellow artist and credit back to Grumpy Goat Co. but feel free to share and pin and post and tag away!
If i've posted something of yours that you'd like taken down, contact me and it will be removed asap.